Now available CX/GL TAI to CDI adaptor version – provides both TAI and CDI outputs to driver the coils of your choice.
All versions provide:
- Dual independent ignition control for the CX/GL 500 and CX/GL 650/700 TAI engined motorcycles using the wasted spark system.
- Computer controlled advance based on the trigger pulses.
- Replaces the existing mechanical advance rotor and the 30 year old pickups with a new fully electronic system utilising Hall Effect devices.
- Integral coil drivers – in place of the stock NEC style igniters to give improved spark energy.
- Reuses the existing wiring harness – adaptor plugs go into the old igniter positions and the new ignition plugs into the connector previously used for the original pickups.
- Operates of 12V only.
- Provides electronically adjusted advance.
- Provides ability to choose from 4 standard advance profiles for the bike chosen.
- Provides adjustability of the profiles via reprogramming.
- Provides 2 stage RPM limit limiter to protect your engine- progressively retards timing stating at limit rpm – then stops firing at 2000 rpm above this.
- Provides pre-set RPM limiter to protect your engine.
- Provides 4 selectable advance/RPM limit profiles.
- Fully electronic.
- Contains two completely independent circuits – one for each cylinder to provide failsafe redundancy.
- Provides power cut-out to protect ignition coils in the event of stalling.
- Provides higher spark energy than original due to 0.25 ohm output resistance driver.
- Existing kill switch functionality is retained so there is no need to rewire switches.
- Dwell limiting – provides coil protection for any stop position
- Provides CDI trigger output that when teamed wit hthe gy6DC-CDI modules – allows use of CDI coils or the CDI COP (Coil on Plug) kit