More About Rae-San
The backdrop image throughout the site is one of my earlier builds – it was a CX500 that came in pieces – not enough pieces to be worth making into a standard CX.
So instead it got converted into the bike you see – named ‘Storm’.
The significant features were-
- CBR600RR undertail exhaust
- Engine was a 500EC engine
- Turned aluminium cover inserts on the sides
- VF750F footpegs
- Marzocchi rebuild shocks with 7W oil
- Custom built “collector” exhaust riser and modified headers
- Cx900C fork stanchions with CB900C fork lowers to remove antidive
- 32mm dual piston calipers
- Hyosung GV650 Master Cylinder 5/8
- Twin Horns
- Trail bike headlight – combined with the thick gauge, MOSFET switched dedicated power run – amazingly bright!
- CDI PSU
- SP7 from DanMoto dash
- Entire loom was custom made to allow for high current runs to the horns and headlights
- Headlight on horn switching via MOSFET and master and slave power via 30A relays
- No high current through the ignition switch
- Battery from 2 5VA 12V SLA batteries
- Electronic tacho
- And lots of little extra bits
- Carbs rebuild, jetted at 90/120 via EGO analyser
- Higher rate front springs and 15W fork oil
Painted in 3 coats pearl white with silver striping.
This bike felt really light compared to a standard CX and would lift the front wheel readily.
Handled nicely with the suspension setup – sold to fund more projects.
This is what it’s about.Passion to make what you want to ride.
I’m here to provide and share the tools I develop for my projects with you to help you fulfil your building/modding dreams.